Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Roasted Pepper Salad with Goat Cheese





I love goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. I also love roasted peppers and avocado. I whipped this salad up pretty quickly by slicing a pepper in half, rubbing it with olive oil and putting it in my toaster oven on about 275 degrees. Then, I started slicing a tomato and topping it with cheddar goat cheese and a bit of pesto seasoning (you could use basil, garlic and sea salt if you don't have pesto). I added the tomato to the toaster oven and left them until the cheese was melted and the pepper was soft and browning.

Meanwhile, I mixed 1 chopped avocado and some arugula (I think I would like spring salad mix better) and drizzled them with raspberry and mango salad dressing. Balsamic vinegar dressing might have even been better.

I topped the arugula and avocado with the roasted pepper and tomato slices for a warm salad. Yummm!

3 comments:

  1. oky...this looks yummy! It's on my meal list next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I ask Nettie to make this without sounding chauvinistic and without getting told to do it myself?

    ReplyDelete