Thursday, September 10, 2009

Citrus Fish Marinade





Adapted from Slice: Health Inspired Food by Barb Davies & Jennifer Rallison


Whisk together:

1/4 cup cold pressed, unrefined extra virgin olive oil
1/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp. fresh dill and/or cilantro
2 tsp. raw honey
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/8 tsp. chili flakes
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Marinate fish for no longer than 15 minutes as acidic liquids will break down the proteins, making the fish tough after cooking. Makes enough for 1.5 pounds of fish. I baked my fish at a low temperature, about 325 degrees for 20 minutes, because unrefined oils have a lower smoke point than refined oils, but they are much healthier!

2 comments:

  1. No way! I seriously made a recipe identical to this about two weeks ago. The only difference is I laid the fish on a layer of my organic tomatoes before baking.

    Annika, Dave and myself enjoyed! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slice's version is actually a triple citrus marinade. It has a tsp. each of lime and orange zest as well.

    ReplyDelete